Thursday, September 6, 2007

Back to School

I don't know about you guys, but for me going back to school has been quite possibly the weirdest thing to me.   I've been back to school for two years now,  took some classes at the local Community College,  but not I've transferred to Rochester Institute of Technology.  I am enrolled in the Information Technology: Applied Networking and System Administration major, looking to concentrate on Information Security.  I am taking some courses that are normally for freshmen in their first quarter,  but I did not take these even though I transferred in as a third-year student.

At community college level,  I did not feel so bad.  In my classes I found quite a few people that were doing the same as me,  returning to college after working in the field for a few years.  But now,  I feel like I am the old man amongst the fresh faced little kids.   Like I was the kid held back for 7 years and sitting with kids that could be MY KIDS age.(thank god I don't have kids).

Maybe I am just crazy,  but I do feel old,  and out of place.  But if I can power through it and make myself more marketable for a different job and quite possibly learn something new, then all will be good in the world.

No comments: